Thursday, May 30, 2024


 It's been a while since I posted an update on all things book related. So I am going to list a recap of old and recent news.

** Today I received some seals to use: Clean Fiction. These are to designate that I am an author who writes clean fiction which means there will be no explicit sex scenes, no gratuitous violence, and no cursing or bad language. Though I do at times write about and show the grittier side of life, I do not cross that line. If you would like to know more about clean fiction authors and see some reviews on these books, I will provide links at the bottom of this post.

** Speaking of reviews, I have been accepted as a Flex Reviewer for Clean Fiction Magazine. After being an editor for many years (you can see a list of books that I have edited here) and working as a marketing consultant where I created and designed graphics and book trailers, I had to leave those positions due to health reasons. So that left me with idle hands. Though I still write on my books, I knew I needed something to do when days demanded that I move at a drunken snail pace. So I reached out to Clean Fiction Magazine. The first book I reviewed will be in the Summer 2024 edition, so I hope you go and purchase a copy to see what I said about Solitary Man by Eric Landfried. 

** Being a reviewer cost me one thing: I can no longer submit to the Windows Into the Multiverse Contest. Out of the 6 entries I submitted in the past, I won 4: The Parting Glass (Autumn 2022), The Cherry Trees (Winter 2022), The Christmas Surprise (Winter 2023), and He Gave Me Flowers (Spring 2024). 

Please consider purchasing these editions and read my short stories, plus the short stories of other wonderful fellow authors of clean fiction. Though it does sadden me a bit that I can no longer enter these contests, I have been extremely blessed that I had a chance to do this and to win. Now it is time to let others travel that path.

** In addition to the short stories, two of my books have been reviewed by Clean Fiction Magazine. Into the Unknown: Seven Short Stories of Faith and Bravery was in the Spring 2022 edition. When Legends Rise was in the Winter 2022 edition.

And speaking of books, What Legends Become, the second book in the series, releases in June 2024. I'm beginning to share about this on social media, so if you haven't followed me yet, check out the sidebar for the platforms where you can find me.

I don't have an update about Mississippi Nights and its reissue. But once I do, I will be sure to share about it! 

Here are the links to find out more about Clean Fiction Magazine, how to become a patron or support them, a link to a YouTube channel I've been following (The Blimey Cow), and, of course, a link to my publisher's author page:

https://www.sunsetvalleycreations.com/editions

https://www.patreon.com/cleanfiction

https://www.youtube.com/@blimeycow

https://ambassador-international.com/book-author/daphne-self/


No comments:

Post a Comment